- A Taste Of African Heritage - Cooking Class
A Taste Of African Heritage - Cooking Class
Join us as we commemorate Black History Month in February with celebrations around African Heritage Recipes.
Whether you would like to lose weight, or find culturally-linked ideas for delicious meals, or simply live more healthfully, this program can help you reshape your lifestyle to enjoy good health and fabulous foods every day.
A Taste of African Heritage (ATOAH) is a six-lesson nutrition and cooking program. Each lesson is 1 hour and 45 minutes long, and covers a speciﬁc food group from the African Heritage Diet Pyramid.
- Lesson 1: Traditional Herbs and Spices
- Lesson 2: Greens
- Lesson 3: Whole Grains
- Lesson 4: Beans and Rice
- Lesson 5: Tubers and Stews
- Lesson 6: Fruits and Vegetables
Class schedule: 1 class per week, for 6 weeks
Number of recipes per class: 2–3
How to attend?
This year, 12 families will have the opportunity to join us.
Registration cost 30$ for all six lessons.
Only 6 spots will be open to the general public. The other ones will be reserved to the families referred by our community partners.
Please complete the Registration Form before February 7th, 2022
We are very happy to have you join us in this community cooking program.
A Taste of African Heritage is designed for people of all ages and interests, including:
- Anyone who wants to add more ﬂavor and nutrition to their life.
- Anyone interested in learning more about African heritage and culinary history.
- Friends wanting to get healthy or to start a cooking club together.
- Teens and preteens just learning how to cook.
- Seniors craving the foods of their childhoods and a taste of the old ways.
Wishing you health, happiness, and a delicious adventure ahead,